10 Things To Do After Dinner at Sydney's Most Popular Indian Restaurants & Curry Houses
Oftentimes we hear people unsure about what to do in Sydney after a delicious Indian dinner time! We have compiled a list of all the things you can do in Sydney after you dine-in at The Colonial Restaurant at Darlinghurst and are looking for fun ways to extend your night so you can spend more quality time with your loved ones, or just enjoy the city by yourself.
1. Walk along the darling harbour: There is nothing better than a peaceful stroll across the Darling Harbour after you have tucked away some delicious Indian curry. Just a short bus ride away from Darlinghurst, you can start your walk at Circular Quay, with the water reflecting all the beautiful lights of the open businesses and buildings around the area, filled with sounds of clinking wine glasses and street performers, and walk to the Opera house for the scenic view and a cozy place to sit, maybe grab some pistachio kulfi on the way to enjoy a warm summer night.
2. Catch a show at the Opera House: Instead of walking to the Opera house just for a scenic view of the water and the lights, you could go a step further and go in to catch a show. The Sydney Opera house is close to Darling Harbour, holds plenty of different shows so there’s something for everyone regularly. Evening shows can start as late as 8 p.m. and include everything from live stand-up comedy to musicals and ballet performances. Perfect ending to your evening after gorging on some delectable chicken tikka masala and naan bread. Pick what interests you and book your tickets in advance to make the best of your time there.
3. Fireworks at Darling Harbour: Darling harbour has a breathtaking firework show every Saturday at 9 p.m. (during summers). You can just go find a spot to sit with your date or friends and look at the fireworks as the evening goes by.
4. Go checkout a musical: Sydney has many theatres that showcase some of the best musicals from around the world. These theatres host numerous musicals for all the performance arts-lovers in Sydney. Capitol Theatre has been recognised as a heritage listed theatre in Haymarket, it hosts many world-class musicals throughout the year, along with the Sydney Lyric theatre, State theatre and Darlinghurst Theatre Company, all of which are a short commute away from Darlinghurst, so you can catch your musical on time after your dinner at The Colonial restaurants.
5. Live Music at Oxford Art Factory: Oxford Art Factory in Darlinghurst is a live music venue inspired by Andy Warhol’s Factory in New York and has become a platform for local and international artists to display their talents in recent years. The factory is open till 3 a.m. and is a Covid Safe registered venue. You can book your tickets online and look at the list of shows coming up to plan out your evening well. Nothing better than some good live music after a fulfilling evening of Indian curry and some buttered naan bread.
6. Outdoor Cinema: After so many months of staying cooped up indoors and longing to go to movie theatres, open movie theatres on warm summer Sydney nights are the perfect event to plan. Sydney boasts of many outdoor theatres. You can watch a movie in a park, on a bed, and even in a boat on water. Mov’in Boat floating cinema on Darling Harbour is just a short bus ride away from The Colonial Restaurant at Darlinghurst and gives you an option to row in your own boat and enjoy the movie bobbing on the cool water.
7. Sydney O